Monday, August 24, 2009

Our Deck...More Visitors


Still Monday! After the 'Bat Incident', it was time to get out the vinegar and wash tables and windows. The day was perfect for cleaning up those water-spotted jalousies!

Windows done, I turned my attention to the little table in the corner by our grill. It sure needed some cleaning, too! And while I was at it, I decided to open the table umbrella.

Plop! Something popped off the table umbrella!

Slowly, a surprised katydid began its infinitel deliberate and graceful progress across the table, wondering how the heck it took such a drop in gravity off that umbrella! Within 10 minutes, it had moved about 2 feet to the railing of the deck. Silent as the grave this morning, I could not coax a 'katie-did' out of it. Perhaps, it was as resentful as the bat. I would not be surprised.

I am rather reluctant to open ANYTHING on the deck for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow; That thing looks HUGE (of course, the camera DOES add 10 milligrams...)

    ReplyDelete