Thursday, February 18, 2010

Weekday Dinners




We are having a GOOD FOOD WEEK! We wanted to share our dinners with you all.
Tuesday, I selected the protein:Tuna steak. I pan seared a mushroom soy marinated tuna steak in my grill pan. The tuna was served over arugula, drizzled with a ginger sauce. Our sides were home-grown (from our freezer) broccoli and organic polenta with sun-dried tomato spread.

ON TO THURSDAY:
Tonight, Dad chose the protein: Boneless, skinless chicken breast. He marinated the breasts in our own juiced lime juice and garlic. My turn came next, and I lightly dusted the chicken breasts in a panko/wheat flour seasoned mixture, and pan seared them, using white wine to prevent stickage (is that a culinary term?) The marinade was added to the pan after the chicken was removed, and we deglazed with white wine and chicken stock, and reduced the liquid. The chicken was served over mixed Spring greens, again using the the ginger dressing.

1 comment:

  1. Great; Now I've gone and salivated all over my keyboard. Looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete