Monday, June 1, 2009

Yews Is Gone


Oh, boy! Finally, the three yews that have been blocking my gardening ambitions are gone. They are now patiently awaiting their return to the earth as ash. They are drying out by the burning pile. Happy day!


On my list of garden jobs for TWO YEARS, the removal of the yews began a few weeks ago with a burst of energy on my part. One of those "I'm gonna 'get 'er done' days. It took me all afternoon, but I reduced the yews to stubs, and carted away all the branches and needles to the burning pile.


Then, last week, hubby and I decided 'Now is the time!'. With shovels in hands, we made our way over to the 'stumps', and DUG THEM OUT! What blesses relief. It opens up a whole new area, and soon new hosta will fill it. I have visions of really cool varieties, many of which have been promised to me by fellow gardeners.


We added some cool flagstones, too, to further open up this area.


I promise, this is the ONLY new garden I will dig up this year. I promise...really...no more...really.

No comments:

Post a Comment